Alexander Hamilton Scholars is looking for highly skilled individuals to join our team. Check below for currently available opportunities.
Program Specialist Position Posting
What We Are About
Inspired by Alexander Hamilton’s legacy of leadership through service, Alexander Hamilton Scholars (AHS) empowers high-achieving, underserved students to succeed in college and career. Our vision is to build leaders of character who will improve our nation and our world through their service, innovation, and excellence. Our five-year program provides underserved students with a comprehensive network of support and guidance as they transition from high school to college, and college to career.
AHS is seeking a Program Specialist to serve as a collaborative, compassionate, and problem-solving member of our team. The ideal candidate for this role should embody AHS’ organizational values:
· Authenticity | Every individual’s intersecting identities should be respected and celebrated, and we strive to create and maintain a safe, compassionate, and inclusive environment.
· Equity | Developing opportunities that empower underserved students will further our collective pursuit of a more just and humane world.
· Growth | Through reflective, intentional leadership, we can fulfill personal potential.
· Integrity | Progress is made by remaining fair, open, and honest while holding ourselves and others accountable to our shared values.
· Unity | Fostering a collaborative, team-oriented community and utilizing individual strengths is essential in providing comprehensive and cohesive support to the students we serve.
You are a great candidate for this position if…
· Your personal background and life story evoke a deep connection to our mission and vision.
· You cultivate leadership potential within staff and youth.
· You demonstrate personal integrity and ethical leadership.
· You understand the barriers faced by underserved youth and take a trauma-informed approach to engaging and motivating them.
· You are skilled in building relationships with staff, donors, and community-members.
Youth Development and Support:
Coordinate wrap-around support for Scholars, identifying on-campus, community, or organizational resources to address concerns/barriers, including mental health counseling, internships, scholarships, etc.
Contribute to growth of AHS’ professional network: Recruitment and training of adult mentors in professional fields of interest to each Scholar. Provide opportunities for professional connections.
Manage assigned student check-in calls, sending calendar planners, and tracking Scholar activity.
Coordinate Scholar Mentor Program, including the mentor-matching process and participant engagement.
Program Research and Growth
Support the Marketing & Volunteer Manager with promotion of the annual Hamilton Award. Research additional avenues for students in underserved areas.
Support Program Manager in coordinating the annual Application & Award Cycle, including scholarship application platform, training of volunteer judges, and scholar selection process.
Uphold and maintain AHS’ empowerment curriculum philosophy while researching ways to grow this curriculum.
Participate in AHS’ culture of philanthropy, educating potential supporters about AHS’ work and impact.